Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Oh, just thinking...

I'm thinking of you.

I'm thinking of you like chairs think about being sat on.
Like shoes think about being worn.
Like pens think about paper.

I'm thinking of you like lips think about kissing.
Like the sun thinks about shining.
Like hands think about holding.

I'm thinking about you like bees think about flowers.
Like cats think about yarn.
Like dogs think about their special fire hydrant.

I am thinking about you like backpacks think about carrying things.
Like jackets think about the cold.
Like socks think about the dryer.

I'm thinking about you like books think about being read.

Like phones think about ringing.
Like journals think about being written in.

I'm thinking about you like eyes think about blinking.
Like hearts think about feeling. 
Like the brain thinks about thinking.

I'm thinking about you like music thinks about a beat.
Like Paris thinks about lights
Like dance thinks about nothing at all.

I'm thinking about you like cars think about a road trip.
Like vacations think about a visitor.
Like shoes think about the ground you are walking on.


1 comment: