Sunday, March 3, 2013

Live like you were dying.

      Dear old friend,
Have you ever realized that I am here for you. Helping any time I can. You have never seen me, but you have felt my presence. When you have fallen off your road bike with scrapes and scares, I have picked you up and dusted you off. Given you more chances than you deserve, but you are my friend. My oldest and bravest friend. You have shown your courage so many times it's hard for me to count them. You come to me and I send you away because its too soon for you to properly meet me. But I am getting older and so are you. You are slowly calling to me more and more in your sleep. To take away the pain. But I don't want to. I don't want you to waste your breath on me. Keep holding on until it's too hard. Then, then I will be there. Right next to you. Holding you up. You will see my face snd know that I am your oldest friend. Now you can properly meet me.
             Sincerely,
                           Death

2 comments:

  1. "You have shown your courage so many times it's hard for me to count them." - Death.
    I LOVE THIS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But I am getting older and so are you. You are slowly calling to me more and more in your sleep."

    Death, our old friend. I like this.

    ReplyDelete